Breaking the Glass Ceiling
A creative workshop to guide you in finding your voice through your personal projects
Life is too short to not participate – but too valuable not to remember it …
Breaking the Glass Ceiling, a workshop geared towards helping you to find your groove, push you forward, and inspire you with your personal projects. How to look beyond just “the moment” and produce images that are visually interesting, memory-worthy, and also showcase the relationships of the subject(s) being photographed.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
• Building Confidence: knowing the value of your work and how connecting with your subject, personal life or passion project will help you grow artistically
• Finding Your Voice: how to see the beauty in your everyday can translate into a stronger portfolio for your business gaining you clients that envision the same type of imagery for themselves.
• Inspiration: where to look and how to harness beautiful experiences into your own creative voice
• Deciding on the moment: how to decipher what is not just meaningful but also emotive
• Lighting: see light in a new way, understanding how light moves around in your home, how to use it to your advantage + finding unconventional opportunities with light to keep your creativity up.
• Posing/Directing: More understanding as to how/when you should engage vs sit back and observe in order to elicit the type of photos that move you and your viewers
• Perspective: pushing the boundaries on how to create unique photos even when the days seem the same
• Expanding your horizons: the importance of pushing yourself in personal projects and opening yourself up to all the amazing opportunities that await you
• and more…
Workshop Assignments ~ looking for new light, unique light, portfolio review and critique, emotional portraits, silent story, what we share matters. These weekly assignments to connect with your subjects and open your thinking to new ideas, daily open dialog on the images shared within the private FB group during the course, video feedback on the final project.
This workshop is a month long group workshop where you are invited into my private FB group. In there, you submit your work, receive individual critique from Stacey along with everyone else who’s participating either at the workshop level. All can see, comment, and participate in any/all conversation that is taking place. At the end of the workshop, If’ you’d like to continue working together you have the option to sign up for the extended mentorship.
Workshop only seats are $250 to sign up click on the paypal button below.
(Discount on workshop is available with the purchase of group mentorship straight out of the gate- contact me for complete details)
Where others find stagnation and get stuck in the mundane routine of life I found the challenge exciting. Sticking to a project like this is not something that comes easy- It takes intentional thought, dedication, and time. With that also comes reward, personal growth and satisfaction.
*A working knowledge of your camera is required. Students must be able to confidently shoot in manual mode to participate as this is not a skills heavy class. Active Participation students will get the most out of this course with access to a DSLR, SLR, your favorite prime lenses, and editing software, as well as the ability to share images created throughout the class.